- How does matchist work?
- How does matchist work for developers?
- How does matchist make money?
- How many matches are there per project?
- Is payment secure through matchist?
- What happens if there is a dispute?
- What kind of tools are on matchist?
- What kind of projects are posted on matchist?
- What kind of developers are on matchist?
- Are overseas developers on matchist?
- I'm a developer. What are my payment options on matchist?
1) How does matchist work?
matchist connects companies with top US based developers and development shops. We get to know companies' needs, and we'll match projects to top developers with the right skills and experience to build great websites and/or mobile applications. Developers on matchist go through a strict vetting process (our acceptance rate is 15%).
Submit projects and receive three curated matches. Once a match is chosen, matchist facilitates payment through our escrow based payment system which mitigates risk for both parties. Essentially: we help you find the right technical talent to build your project, and we help the project get built. There is no fee associated with using matchist for clients.
2) How does matchist work for developers?
matchist gives top freelance developers and dev shops the ability to do less prospecting and more development. We send you projects based on your preferences and give you the tools to make freelancing an easier experience. Payment is also made directly to you with every agreed upon milestone. Basically, matchist takes care of sending you great projects, handling legal, and payment.
3) How do you guys make money?
matchist charges developers a fee when they convert clients. For more on this, see the Developer FAQ.
4) How many matches are there per project?
Each project will receive up to three matches. Any of the matches can do the project, but clients may get along with one developer over the others. All matches will reach out to learn more and give proposals.
5) Is payment secure through matchist?
We use Stripe for payment processing, so yes, payment is very secure.
6) What happens if there is a dispute?
matchist has a three step approach to dispute resolution.
a) We encourage you to go back to the contract you both agreed on. Most disputes can be solved just by looking at the contract and talking to each other.
b) You can always request mediation. Email us and we will send instructions for our mediation process (requires some paperwork and looking through your account).
c) Arbitration- We can help you find an arbitration service.
7) What kind of tools are on matchist?
We do two things: match great projects to great developers, and facilitate payment. Though we have a messaging system, you're welcome to move conversations to email/Skype/Basecamp/whatever you usually use.
8) What kind of projects are posted on matchist?
Currently, we accept projects for software development, website applications, mobile development...basically anything you'd need a web or mobile developer to do.
9) What kind of developers are on matchist?
Front end, back end, and full stack developers with Ruby on Rails, Wordpress, HTML5, CSS3, PHP, Java, iOS, Android, .NET, Node.js
...and new developers join the network every day.
10) Are overseas developers on matchist?
No. matchist is a network of top US based web and mobile freelance developers and dev shops.
11) I'm a developer. What are my payment options on matchist?
Once you've booked your first project, we'll ask you to enter in your bank information so payments can be directly deposited into your account as they are released. Check out the Developer FAQ for more specific questions.